Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One More Week

One more week and I will finally see the rheumatogolist.

One more week and perhaps maybe a little more light will be shed on whatever the heck is going on in this crazy 5 ft. 3.5 in. body of mine.

I've been counting down the days for nearly two months.

(I would insert a rant regarding big business in the health care industry and it's contribution to this extended time of circling around in a holding pattern, but I won't. Not today, anyway.)

Today. I went to see my doctor for a stupid UTI, of all things. Conclusion: Megan doesn't drink enough water. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why I have a significant, reoccurring issue with consuming H2O. But, there you have it. So, this afternoon I've resorted to tricking my brain to drink it by imagining the little water molecules and their journey through my body. I imagine each of the molecules having little watering cans full of smaller versions of themselves approaching every cell and sprinkling them with a bit of their love. Yea. Let's see how long that trickery works.

However, the reason I'm bringing up this, dear I say, yucky topic is because the doctor said something interesting in that she believed this dreaded UTI may have something to do with the significant increase in pain I've had the last couple weeks. I guess my body only has so many little army dudes running around so whenever the infection started some resources had to be reallocated thus taking away from the troops battling my pain/inflammation.

(BTW, I see many comparisons between the immune system of human bodies and the U.S. Government, but, let us not digress.)

She also seemed optimistic and took my rogue tears in stride whilst spouting words of encouragement that the rheumatologist will help us get things figured out with an appropriate plan of action.

I have to trust this.

I have to believe that some course of action will get me up and moving normally again.

Until then, I will just keep rereading Joe Rizzo's words of encouragement and follow it with my rally cry.

I am Megan effin' Nashvegas, dammit! RAWR!!!!

The Kinks - "Tired of Waiting for You"

No comments:

Post a Comment